These Black and White Cookies are amazing and easy to make. This yummy dessert is perfect for anything.
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 – 2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
3. Combine buttermilk and vanilla in a up, set aside.
4. Whisk together butter and sugar in a in a stand mixer Add the add egg, beating until combined.
5. Alternately add the flour and buttermilk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour.
6. Spoon 1/4 cups of batter about 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake until tops are puffed and lightly browned, approx. 15 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
7. Whisk together powdered sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Transfer half of icing to another bowl and whisk in cocoa, adding water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to thin to same consistency as white icing.
8. Turn cookies flat sides up, then spread white icing over half of each and chocolate over other half.
Try More Of My recipes