- 1 1/2 cups Cocoa Pebbles or Krispies
- 2 cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups *white chocolate chips or candy melting discs.
*If you’re going to be coloring the bark, make sure to use CANDY coloring so the chocolate won’t seize.
- Melt Semi-sweet chocolate chips slowly in the microwave or in a double boiler over the stove. Add the cocoa pebbles and stir gently until thoroughly coated.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate mixture in an even layer on a foil or wax paper line baking sheet. Let chill in the refrigerator while working on the white chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate or candy melting discs in the microwave or in a double boiler over the stove– just make sure to do it slowly and stir frequently if you’re using white chocolate ships! They don’t melt very well. I’ve had the best luck with Nestle’s Premier White Chocolate Chips.
- Add color to the white chocolate if desired and spread evenly over the chocolate layer.
- You can rush the cooling process in the fridge, but it’ll be a little bit stickier/meltier (real word?) if you go that route. It’s really best if you can wait and let it cool overnight. Do as I say and not as I do– because I totally used the fridge!
- Cut it up into squares using a pizza cutter or simply break into pieces! Wrap up to give as gifts… or put it in a bowl and turn on a good movie :)