Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes
These cupcakes are actually coming out of the archives, but with a couple of improvements…
1) They desperately needed a photo up-do. This recipe first appeared on my blog during my “white sheet” photo days (ahem… not so very long ago, I’m ashamed to say). While I know photography is always improving, and in a month I may not like these so much either– I’m really glad I had a chance to re-photograph these! Now if I could just find the time to re-photograph all of my other cringe-worthy photos… sigh.
2) I’m providing a recipe in this post that yields a full 24 cupcakes. The original post was supposed to be for a single serve cupcake, but I overestimated the ingredients so it turned into a “quadruple serve” recipe. And that just confused people, I think. Also… people who wanted to make more than four cupcakes were leaving demanding comments.
And… I really can’t say that I blame them 😉
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened (don't use reduced fat or fat free!)
- 1/2 c. Butter, softened
- 1/2 c. Peanut Butter
- 1-2 c. Powdered Sugar (even more if you really want it thick)
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 c. Oats (more or less depending on desired texture)
- 1 bag Plain mini M&Ms
- 1 c. mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to whisk together all of the cupcake ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use a stand mixer dough paddle to beat together the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and oats.
- Mix in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Finally add the M&Ms and Chocolate chips, mix well.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookie dough onto the cooled cupcakes.
Peanut Butter Cupcake recipe from How Sweet It Is
Monster Cookie Dough Frosting is my original recipe.
If you only want to make 4 cupcakes, see this post.