What I’m Loving: Holiday Gift Guide Edition
Is it really already December?? I swear I don’t know how that happens. It felt like the weeks were just barely eeking along all Fall as we waited for our house to be complete, and then BAM! November hit like a running train, we closed on the house, moved in, and now time is going by so fast I can’t quite get my bearings!!
I know it’s been a few weeks since my last Our Week post, and I promise– I’ve got a whopper of a post coming up soon for you with lots of pictures of the new house and all the fun we’ve been having! But it’s not quite ready yet. So instead, we’re jumping straight to the “What I’m Loving” portion of the post in the form of my first ever Holiday Gift Guide!
Can you believe that?? 6+ years of blogging, and I’ve never put together a real holiday gift guide for you guys. That changes, starting today!
I’ve put together 10+ of my most very favorite things. Most of them are things I already own and use ALL. THE. TIME. But there are a couple of items I’m mentioning that are on my wish list for this Christmas. I’ll let you know which ones (just in case you were planning to buy me a gift or something 😉).
If you know anyone like me– basically super cute, funny, the kind of person you want to be best friends with…… 😂. Kidding. But seriously, for any young moms out there, this is a great list to work off of if you’re in need of gift ideas! I’m including plenty of links, so you’ll know exactly where to go purchase. Happy shopping!
- Party Popcorn: okay, fine, so this is just a touch of shameless self promotion. But I promise it’s the only bit of that on this list! Plus, my book really does make an awesome Christmas gift. 75+ recipes for gourmet popcorn that you can easily make at home, including my very favorite Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn! Where to Buy: Amazon
💰: Ridiculously on sale for only $12.00!!!
2. Maskcara IIID Foundation Palettes: I am not a makeup person. In fact, I really stink at it. But this contouring foundation palette from Maskcara actually makes me feel like I know what I’m doing– at least a little bit 😉. It’s perfect for make-up dummies like me. She has a how-to video on her site that teaches you how to use the the palette, and the process is done from start to finish in under a minute. Even though I’m pretty sure I’m underutilizing this product (I’m not brave enough to really apply those dark lines you’re supposed to do in contouring), I still feel like it gives my face a really pretty, even finish. Plus, it’s not greasy or heavy or anything like that. It glides on smoothly and you don’t even know it’s there! I’ve never worn foundation in my life, but I can definitely say I’m at a point that I never want to go without this palette again! Where to buy: Maskcara.com
💰💰💰💰: This is the priciest item on my list. I paid about $85 for a custom palette with the 30-scond HAC brush (which I highly recommend buying with the palette).
3. Jane.com Gift Card: You guys. I’m obsessed. Like, I have a real problem. I could literally spend (and have!) my every last penny on Jane.com. And I’m guessing every other female between the ages of 15 and 99 could too. In case you live under a rock and aren’t familiar with the fabulousness I’m talking about, Jane.com is an online boutique that posts daily deals on super cute stuff including clothes, home decor, and so much more. A gift card is definitely high on my list! Where to Buy: Jane.com
💰💰: Spend any amount you want! But I’d suggest at least $25.
4. Jessica Smith 6 Week Total Transformation System: okay, this is a wish list item for me. I haven’t actually tried it yet. But I do use her YouTube channel obsessively for my daily exercise, and I LOVE her walking videos and entire attitude towards exercise. Basically, she’s all about indoor walking-in-place workouts. I’m sure that sounds lame to you runners and other exercise enthusiasts out there. But here’s why I’m loving it– for one, getting out of the house to exercise is really, really, really not easy. My toddler doesn’t do all that great in his stroller, and life is just easier in general if I can figure out a way to workout at home with him underfoot (he doesn’t like me to be out of sight 🙄). This was also a workout I used to do with him actually strapped onto my chest when I first began working out postpartum, which is how I discovered this wonderful YouTube channel!
Another difficulty this form of exercise bridges for me is my plantar faciiatis. Would I rather be doing some awesome outdoor run? Believe it or not, yeah, I would. But I have yet to find a pain management solution for my foot. So until I do, running is just out of the picture. Walking indoors has been a great alternative– it’s super low impact, which is a necessity for me, and it still helps me get above and beyond my step goal for the day!
💰💰💰: Just shy of $60 with free shipping on Prime.
5. Wood Bracelet Strap for Apple Watch 38MM: I’ve been obsessing over wood watches lately! But I have an Apple watch, and, since I can’t live without it on my wrist anymore, I gave up the dream of buying cute watches just for looks ages ago. And then I found this wooden watch band for the 38MM Apple Watch on Amazon!!!! I don’t own it yet– this is another wish list item for me. But how cute????? I’m dying to get it on my wrist stat! Where to Buy: Amazon
💰💰: About $30 with Prime shipping, which is pretty standard for a nicer 3rd party Apple Watch band.
6. Stitch Fix Gift Card: You guys already know how much I love Stitch Fix. And if you don’t, stop what you’re doing and go read all about it here and here! A Stitch Fix gift card is definitely a MUST for every guy and gal this Christmas (yes! They’ve got Stitch Fix for men now!!). Where to Buy: StitchFix.com
💰💰💰💰: You could technically give however much or little you want, since it is a gift card. But I’d suggest at least $100 bucks for this one. Most boxes run close to the $225 mark.
7. Simply Southern Tervis Mug: These are another recent obsession of mine. I go through water bottle phases all the time, and this is where I am right now. And I think these Simply Southern ones are so cute! I have a couple already, but this black and gold glitter number is the one I’m asking for this year! Where to Buy: Amazon
💰: $20 with Prime shipping. I find them for about $17 in boutiques.
8. Kate Spade Multi-Glitter Drop Earrings: is there really an explanation needed for this gorgeous earrings?? I don’t own them yet, but I’ve been salivating over them all year. And I’m pretty sure I’d wear them with EVERYTHING. Obviously. Right?! Where to Buy: Poshmark or Amazon
💰 – 💰💰: I’ve seen them on eBay and Poshmark for as low as $10-$15 used. Or you could buy new on Amazon for about $45 with Prime shipping.
9. Burt’s Bees Vanilla Bean Balm: okay, this stuff is the best stocking stuffer EVER. I’m in love. I’ve been a total EOS snob for a couple of years, but I’ve recently switched over to this, and I’m never looking back. It smells DIVINE. And, of course, it’s awesome quality as Burt’s Bees always is. Where to Buy: Target
💰: I can’t remember the exact price, but it’s a couple of bucks. I think they’re sold in 3-packs too!
10. Pioneer Woman Timeless Beauty Cake Stand with Glass Cover: I bought this as a housewarming gift to myself a week ago, and when nobody’s looking I just stare at it. It’s SO CUTE. And it dresses up any space into something that’s completely adorable. I wish I had it in a thousand different colors!
In general, I’m obsessed with The Pioneer Woman’s complete line of kitchenwares. Bowls, measuring cups, glasses, serving platters, rolling pins, bread boxes. All of it. I want it all. Where to Buy: Walmart
💰 – 💰💰: This cake stand was about $15 at Walmart. But the whole line of Kitchenware ranges in price, of course. I think it’s all beautiful and worth it!
That’s it you guys! My 2016 faves! I promise you won’t go wrong if you get one of these items for the 30-something-year-old-stay-at-home-mommy in your life. Haha, my target audience is a little narrow, I’ll give you that 😉. Still. It’s all good stuff.
You’ll likey, I promise.
Happy Gift Buying Season!! ✌🏻❤️🎁