No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
This simple No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is made with just FOUR easy ingredients nestled inside a buttery, graham cracker crust. If you're not a pumpkin pie person, this is the perfect substitute for your Thanksgiving dessert table!
- Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cookie Cups
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Blossom Cookies
Ingredients Needed for No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- cream cheese
- canned pumpkin
- whipped topping (or my homemade stable whipped cream!)
Recipe Tips & Notes
★ You can make this pie as easy/convenient to make as you! If you're short on time, use a store-bought crust, cream cheese spread (no need to soften), and Cool Whip. Then pop it in the freezer for quick set up!
★ If you want to go the from-scratch route (which *I think* is worth the effort and not difficult at all)… make the homemade graham cracker crust, my Best Homemade Whipped Cream, and a brick of cream cheese that's been softened to room temp. You can still stick this in the freezer to speed set-up, but make sure you serve it thawed!
Why is my no bake cheesecake not firm?
✓ Cream Cheese: if you used reduced fat, low fat, or whipped cream cheese, your cheesecake will be too soft. A cream cheese spread will also make a softer cheesecake. I highly recommend using Philadelphia brand cream cheese (in brick form).
✓ Whipped Cream: if you decide to use whipped topping from a tub, it really needs to be Cool Whip brand. Every generic store brand I've ever tried to use is way too thin and won't hold up in a no-bake cheesecake.
✓ Temperature: you won't be able to cut this cheesecake until it has firmed up in the refrigerator. Since you brought the cream cheese to room temperature before mixing, it has to be chilled again in order to hold shape.
Baked Cheesecake vs. No Bake Cheesecake: Which one is better?
Really, this is comparing apples to oranges. They are two totally different desserts that happen to share the same name.
A traditionally prepared cheesecake is made with eggs as the binding ingredient and is baked, which gives it a unique, creamy-yet-firm texture (yum!).
A no bake cheesecake is really more of a creamy, mousse pie than a cheesecake. During the mixing process, the cream cheese is broken down with sugar and then mixed with whipped cream to give it a fluffy volume. Once chilled for several hours, the cream cheese somewhat returns to a firm state, and the pie can be sliced.
- Follow the directions for making an Oreo Crust in this recipe, and use that instead of the graham cracker crust. Because… duh.
- Skip the crust altogether, and serve the filling in individual bowls or ramekins as a mousse. Or layer it with brownie pieces and caramel sauce for an epic trifle.
- Pour the filling into a pre-baked Buttermilk Pastry Crust for a dessert that is reminiscent of an actual pumpkin pie.
Mix-In & Topping Ideas
Try adding crumbled cookies or swirling caramel sauce into the filling. So good!
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth.
- Vigorously mix in the pumpkin. Continue to mix until no lumps remain.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Pour filling into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Chill for 3-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
More Pumpkin Recipes