Thin Mint Muddy Buddies
This is post #1 in a 3 week series of Girl Scout Cookie-inspired recipes!
Click here to view all of the recipes in this series.
A couple of years ago, in my earlier days of full-time blogging, I posted a 3 week series of Girl Scout Cookies-inspired recipes. I dedicated a full week each to Thin Mint recipes, Samoas recipes, and Tagalong recipes.
I chose those, because they are my favorite three cookies, and after some light polling in 2012, I discovered they’re widely considered the top three faves, and that’s good enough intel for me ;)
I enjoyed creating the series so much back then that I’ve decided to bring it back bigger and better in 2014!! Over the next three weeks I’ll be posting 4 Girl Scout Cookie-themed recipes each week. Some recipes will use actual GS cookies (or Keebler brand substitutions). Some recipes won’t use the cookies at all but will, instead, be inspired by the flavors and textures of the particular cookie.
Thin Mints are up first! Partly because they’re my numero uno FAVE (especially frozen)! And partly because minty green fits in so well with St. Patrick’s day. Delicious multi-tasking :)
Speaking of delicious… these Thin Mint Muddy Buddies are fabulous. They are minty and chocolatey, chock full of crunchy thin mints, and beautifully green!! This two-toned snack mix comes together in minutes and it ready to serve up and enjoy right away.
- 1 1/2 cups mint chips*
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal, divided
- 1 box Thin Mints or Keebler's Fudge Mint Cookies, chopped, divided
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- Prepare two gallon sized zip top bags by filling them each with 1 1/2 cups of the powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the green chips by microwaving for 1-2 minutes (In 30-second intervals, stirring in between). Use a large rubber spatula to gently mix in 4 1/2 cups of the Chex cereal and half of the cookie pieces.
- Spoon the mint chocolate covered pieces into one of the zip top bags. Seal the bag and shake to coat the pieces. Pour into a large serving bowl, and set aside.
- In the (same) large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the chocolate chips by microwaving for 1-2 minutes (In 30-second intervals, stirring in between). Use a large rubber spatula to gently mix in the remaining cereal and cookie pieces.
- Spoon the chocolate covered pieces into remaining zip top bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat the pieces. Pour into the large serving bowl with the minty pieces. Gently mix together and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
*Hershey's, Guittard, Wilton's, or plain green Wilton's + mint candy flavoring
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Be sure to Pin these other Thin Mint recipes!
Check out these Thin Mint recipes from my friends:
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
Leave a Comment