Thin Mint Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 1/8 c. AP flour
- 7 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Butter
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- splash of Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Peppermint extract*
- 3-5 Tbsp. Milk (more if necessary)
- At least 8 oz. melted dipping chocolate (the darker the better)
- Using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer, mix all ingredients together except for the milk.
- Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time, until dough is a manageable consistency for scooping and rolling.
- Scoop out 1 tsp at a time of the dough, roll into balls. Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, until firm.
- Dip in melted dipping chocolate, let harden on wax paper.
* I started with 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract since I was halving the original recipe which only calls for about 1/2 tsp– and I could barely taste the peppermint! But since peppermint is such a strong flavor and easy to over-do, I’d suggest only adding about 1/4 tsp at a time, until you get it just right for you.