The Very Best Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
With only a few days left of Grateful November, I need to pack in some big ones before the end of the month!
So today, I’m thankful for my parents. Because they are such amazing people, and the older I get, the more I see that. That they aren’t just good parents, they’re good people, through and through.
They’ve always been so encouraging of everything I’ve ever set out to do, even blogging. Taking the time to learn about it, about the different aspects that are important to me like page views, re-pins, and followers. It’s been really impressive. And a little intimidating… I have no idea how to be that kind of a parent.
My husband’s a natural. But me? I spend the day counting the hours down until bed time. Despicable, I know.
I have no idea how my parents have had the patience to parent 6 kids. I’m not even sure Emma and I are going to survive potty training!
Possibly my Mom won us all over early with her homemade hot chocolate. It was difficult to do anything but acquiesce when you had a mouthful of smooth and creamy hot chocolate.
It’s amazing. And life changing.
And I’ve honestly judged every other hot chocolate I’ve ever tried as being completely sub-par in comparison.
So, I guess what I’m saying is… good parenting = homemade hot chocolate.
Notes about this recipe:
- I highly recommend serving this with a huge dollop of whipped cream. The chocolate syrup is more optional– I just added that here for presentation’s sake. Although, chocolate syrup makes everything better :)
- This makes a fairly large batch. I haven’t measured out how many servings, but it’s enough to last a family for a few weeks. And that’s if you’re drinking it a lot.
- This is a really awesome neighbor Christmas gift!!
- Use a flavored powdered creamer, like hazelnut!
- Try using strawberry Nesquik Mix for Strawberry Hot Chocolate.
- Substitute half of the powdered sugar for Truvia or other no calorie sweetener for less sugar
If you’re a hot chocolate fiend, check out these recipes: