- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp AP flour
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. dry yeast
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows + 8 tbsp water
- 9 whole graham crackers, crushed + 4 tbsp melted butter
- Proof the yeast by combining the warm water, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp AP flour, and 1 tbsp. dry yeast in a small bowl. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, until foamy.
- Microwave the milk for about 90 seconds. Pour milk into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the sugar, salt, eggs, and butter into the bowl and mix with paddle attachment.
- Gradually add in the flour until dough is pulling from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the dough evenly into two balls and place each in a well greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about an hour and a half.
- Meanwhile, prep a work area by clearing your kitchen table and cover it with a clean fitted sheet. Lightly flour the surface.
7. Once dough has risen, turn it out onto your floured sheet. Roll the dough from the center outward until it’s so thin you can see through the dough to the pattern on the sheet.
10. Gently roll the dough into a long rope (the way you would roll up cinnamon roll dough).
11. Coil the rope into a parchment lined bread pan or 8×8 baking dish. Brush the top with milk.
12. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes, and then decrease temperature to 300º and bake for another 45 minutes. I baked the two loaves at the same time with no problem.
13. Optional: brush the top of the bread with a powdered sugar-milk glaze (yum!).
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Bananas Foster French Toast - March 3, 2015
- Luck of the Irish Giveaway: Keurig Elite Brewer and $100 PayPal Cash! - March 3, 2015
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins - March 2, 2015