It’s funny to think I had such a difficult time coming up with Halloween treats last year! I really did. If you don’t believe me, you can simply scroll back through my older posts– it’s embarrassing, really.
I managed to make Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops, some Mummy and Ghouls cupcakes… and maybe some Pumpkin Pies?
In the whole month of October.
Like I said, it’s embarrassing.
This year, it’s different. I’m totally afraid that I don’t have enough posts in a month to cover all of the Halloween treats I’m itching to make! The ideas just won’t stop coming!! I find myself trying to reconstruct every recipe into some type of jack o’ lantern or ghost…
I blame Pinterest. Wholeheartedly.
…but in a loving way :)
Despite my said interest in ghost and pumpkin treats, these cupcakes are creepy on a much… er… grosser level.
Slime and cockroaches, anyone?
Slime & Cockroach Cupcakes
- Your favorite cupcake recipe, prepared and cooled
- Quick Pour Fondant (recipe follows)
- Rubber Cockroaches (I found these at Wal Mart in the Halloween section!)
Quick Pour Fondant Recipe:
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- coloring gel
- Whisk together all ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Once mixture is smooth and heated through (not over 100º though!), remove from heat and pour over cupcakes with a ladle or large spoon.
It’ll get messy, so make sure to have some wax paper underneath to catch the drips!!
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!