Serendipity 3 Frozen Hot Chocolate
Recipe Source: ABC News
- 3 oz. very high quality chocolate
- 2 tsp. high quality store-bought hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 c. ice
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light corn syrup
1. Melt the chocolate over medium heat in a small or medium saucepan.
2. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring until blended.
3. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the milk.
4. Let cool to room temperature.
5. Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream, vanilla, and corn syrup in a stand mixer on med-high until it holds stiff peaks.
5. Add the ice, remaining milk, and the chocolate mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour into a large sundae glass, add copious amounts of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.