Scotcheroo Muddy Buddies
I was chatting with my friend Dorothy the other day, and I said, “you know, no one is ever going to believe me when I tell them that I just made THE BEST thing ever… but I did.”
I know it feels like I cry wolf a lot– some new recipe is always “the best!!!!” But hey, don’t hold it against me ;) . I think it just means I’m passionate about what I do, and that’s no crime, right?!
Ok. But really…
These Scotcheroo Muddy Buddies are seriously the most delicious muddy buddies I’ve ever eaten– and my muddy buddy eating experience is extensive, so I’m really an authority on this topic.
I’m always surprised by the number of people I run into who don’t know what a Scotcheroo is. If you’re one of those people, let me give you a quick rundown: a Scotcheroo is a kind of rice krispies treat. But instead of marshmallows, it’s made up mostly of peanut butter and butterscotch chips melted together with a hefty layer of chocolate on top. They’re pretty incredible.
These muddy buddies are just as incredible, but they’re ready in half the time and make for even better snack time munching or as perfect treats for entertaining.
Seriously. Don’t miss out on these. Make them STAT!!
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips* for drizzle
- Pour the cereal in a very large bowl and set aside.
- Melt down the butterscotch chips and peanut butter until smooth and mixed together (I do this in the microwave, heating for one minute, but you could also use the stove top over LOW heat).
- Mix in 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal. Use a large rubber spatula to mix and coat the cereal in the butterscotch mixture.
- Put the powdered sugar into a gallon-sized ziptop bag. Spoon the coated cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake well to coat the cereal in the powdered sugar.
- Pour the cereal out onto a large piece of parchment paper, foil, or silicone mat. Drizzle* with melted chocolate. Let harden before serving.
- Store in airtight container for up to two weeks.
I use chocolate melting candy (like Wilton's or Ghirardeli) for easier melting and faster cooling. I usually place the candy in a ziptop bag, microwave to melt, and then snip a corner to pipe on drizzling. So easy!
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
If you love Muddy Buddies, check out these recipes:
Pumpkin Oreo Muddy Buddies
Classic Muddy Buddies
75 Sweet Snack Mix Recipes
Plus, more from my friends:
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
Leave a Comment