Let me just begin this post by saying: Samoas Week
may be the best thing I’ve ever done.
ohhhhhhhhhh. emmmmmmmm. geeeeeeeeeeeee.
This dip was incredible.
I almost didn’t make it.
Because I felt like I was kind of beating a dead horse with the dip thing
(but don’t worry, those are coming!).
So I thought– maybe this dip isn’t the best idea.
So. Totally. Wrong.
It may very well be the best idea I’ve ever had.
And I’m being completely serious.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cold
- 8 oz. butter or margarine, cold
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 sleeve shortbread cookies (like Lorna Doone)
- 1 cup (or more, easily) toasted coconut
- 1 cup Caramel Hershey Kisses
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate for drizzling
- Using a paddle attachment, cream the butter and the cream cheese.
- Add in the cookies, and mix on high (so the cookies are good and crushed).
- Mix in the powdered sugar, until fully incorporated.
- Add Hershey kisses, and mix on high so they get broken up really well.
- Fold in the toasted coconut with a rubber spatula (I could have easily enjoyed way more coconut in this than 1 cup– but I was afraid of overdoing it).
- Serve with apples and graham crackers!
And since I know you don’t really believe me when I tell you to eat it with fruit…
You don’t mind if I double dip, do you?
…’cause I just did :)
Oh, and speaking of apples– be sure to be here on Thursday.
I’m posting an extra recipe this week after my link party!!
More Dip Recipes:
More Samoas Recipes:
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)