Let me just begin this post by saying: Samoas Week may be the best thing I’ve ever done.
ohhhhhhhhhh. emmmmmmmm. geeeeeeeeeeeee.
This dip was incredible.
I almost didn’t make it.
Because I felt like I was kind of beating a dead horse with the dip thing
(but don’t worry, those are coming!).
And because it kind of looks like the Samoas Pudding Mousse I did on Monday.
So I thought– maybe this dip isn’t the best idea.
So. Totally. Wrong.
It may very well be the best idea I’ve ever had.
And I’m being completely serious.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cold
- 8 oz. butter or margarine, cold
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 sleeve shortbread cookies (like Lorna Doone)
- 1 cup (or more, easily) toasted coconut
- 1 cup Caramel Hershey Kisses
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate for drizzling
- Using a paddle attachment, cream the butter and the cream cheese.
- Add in the cookies, and mix on high (so the cookies are good and crushed).
- Mix in the powdered sugar, until fully incorporated.
- Add Hershey kisses, and mix on high so they get broken up really well.
- Fold in the toasted coconut with a rubber spatula (I could have easily enjoyed way more coconut in this than 1 cup– but I was afraid of overdoing it).
- Serve with apples and graham crackers!
And since I know you don’t really believe me when I tell you to eat it with fruit…
You don’t mind if I double dip, do you?
…’cause I just did :)
Oh, and speaking of apples– be sure to be here on Thursday.
I’m posting an extra recipe this week after my link party!!
Powered by Recipage
More Dip Recipes:
More Samoas Recipes:
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.