Samoas Bomb Pie in-a-jar
I’ve been really, really excited to try this recipe.
I’m in love with making “Bomb” pies.
I’ll give you a little back story, just for the hey of it:
Back in the day (and I mean when we could afford TV, pre-cross-country-move and pre-baby), my husband and I watched a lot of Food Network.
Guy’s favorite “Guilty Pleasure” was this piece of pie called “The Baltimore Bomb Pie.”
It’s pretty awesome– you can see my version of the recipe here
Today’s recipe is a little more unique than the others–
because I ran out of ingredients!
As you can imagine, I’m running a little short on Samoas at the end of this week
So instead of making a full pie, I made an individual portion in a jar.
Which is still pretty awesome, right?
I think this is one of the ultimate comfort foods– warm, ooey-gooey… plus that certain intangible quality that just makes you breathe a sigh of relief at the end of your day.
mmmmm. Thank goodness for “bomb” pie.
(I’m providing a recipe for the full pie as well as the individual serving)
Samoas Bomb Pie
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 package of Samoa Cookies (about 5-6 for a jar)
- 1/2 c. butter, softened (1 1/2 tbsp. for a jar)
- 1/2 c. sugar (1 1/2 tbsp. for a jar)
- 3 eggs (1 for a jar)
- 1 Tbsp. cornmeal, almond flour, or AP flour (1 tsp for a jar)
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar (1 tsp for a jar)
- 1 tsp vanilla (a splash for a jar)
- chocolate chips (see recipe for amount)
- whipping cream (see recipe for amount)
For a Pie
- Rough chop cookies and place them in pie crust.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, cornmeal, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pour over cookies. Use a rubber spatula to gently mix– make sure all cookies are coated.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (it may not appear completely set in the middle).
- Follow directions for easy ganache, and spread over top of pie.
- Let cool and serve
For a Jar Serving
- Rough chop the cookies and place in the jar.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, effs, cornmeal, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pour into the jar and use a fork to gently mix– make sure all cookies are coated.
- Cut out a pie crust circle to fit inside the jar.
- Gently push the crust down into the jar and over the cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Follow directions for easy ganache, and pour over top of pie.
- Let cool and dig in!
Other Bomb Pie Recipes:
Other Samoas Recipes:
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)