- 1 doz. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (store bought or homemade, doesn’t matter)
- 1 pre-baked Pie Crust (store bought or homemade– I always go store bought on pie crust!)
- Approx. 1 c. Caramel Hershey Kisses
- 3/4 c. Chopped Pecans, divided (1/2 + 1/4)
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Meal (you can substitute almond flour– random.)
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Approx. 1 c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Approx. 3/4 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- Break apart the cookies and fill the pie crust with them.
- Unwrap the Hersey Kisses and fill in the “empty spaces” with them.
Side Note: I baked pecans into my cookies, but you can just add them right into the pie with the Kisses at this point or not at all!
3. In a stand mixer, whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, cornmeal, vinegar, and vanilla– it might look a little lumpy, by the way. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look all pretty and creamy.
4. Pour the mixture evenly over the cookies and kisses. Gently use a rubber spatula to incorporate fully. Tip: I kind of “cut” the cookies with the spatula and “smushed” it all together. You want the cookies to get soggy. That’s what you’re going for here.
5. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes, until golden brown on top. It may need to cool to set completely in the middle.
6. While it’s cooling, pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Pour the whipping cream over the chips until they’re exactly level with each other in the bowl (you should still be able to see the chocolate chips though– that’s very important).
7. Microwave for 1 minute and then whisk until smooth.
8. Spread the ganache on top of the pie. Garnish with chopped pecans (optional)
This is also wonderful served with vanilla ice cream!