Ooey Gooey Butter S’mores Cookies
Have you ever had an Ooey Gooey Butter bar? They’re sinfully delicious. Full of buttery goodness and cream cheese, which yield its distinct flavor. They’re golden crispy in all the right places on the outside with an ooey, gooey middle.
Buns in My Oven took these bars and transformed them into Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies! She’s an evil genius, that one.
With S’mores season at hand, I thought Ooey Gooey Butter S’mores Cookies would be a fun variation on what Karly and Paula had already done. I hope you love these as much as we did!
Recipe Source: Buns in My Oven
- 1 - 18.25 oz box butter cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the cake mix.
- Mix in the chopped Hershey Bars with a large rubber spatula.
- Scoop the marshmallow cream onto the dough. Use the rubber spatula to cut it into the cookie dough. It's very important here to not attempt mixing it in. Simply cut the cream in as well as you can, so that there are visible ribbons of marshmallow cream throughout the cookie dough.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough on to a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the top is set, but the center is still gooey.
- Let rest on pan for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Makes approximately 3-4 dozen
S’mores from Friends:
Don’t miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky:
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)