Nutella Brownie Mousse Trifle
I hope you’ll forgive me for making this post short and sweet.
You see, we’re in a bit of a time warp here. It’s actually 3:02am about a week and a half ago, and I’m going on 15 hours of consecutive blogging.
Don’t be confused. This is just be planning ahead for the first time ever.
We’re moving in 6 days (which is actually 2 days ago– still with me?), and nothing, I repeat: nothing is packed.
The problem is that we’ve known we were going to be moving for so long that it kind of crept up on us. For so long, the move was so far away. And it wasn’t until yesterday that we realized it was only a week away (actually present time)!
It’s ok, it’s ok. We’re still living that college life in apartments– so we can totally pack up in 6 days. But pack up in 6 days and still blog full time? That’s a different scenario. So I’m practically pulling an all-nighter here and trying to schedule posts out for about 2 weeks marathon-blogging style.
The good news is that I’m almost done! And with this out of the way, I think I can focus on packing (er, unpacking now, I guess…).
Besides, what kind of an introduction does this dessert really need anyway?
Nutella? Mousse? Triffle?! Fuhgeddaboutit!
(….is that how that word is supposed to go? Do you get what I’m saying? Meh. It’s 3am. My words are getting a little jumbled. You’ll forgive me, right?)
Enjoy the Nutella, folks. Mine’s in a box somewhere around here…
- 1 1/4 c. skim milk
- 3.4 oz package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/4 c. Nutella
- 16 oz Cool Whip (optional: additional 8 oz for layering and/or garnish)
- 2 cups brownies, crumbled (I used Entenmann's Little Brownie Bites for these, but you can make brownies from scratch using this recipe
For the Nutella Mousse:
- Whisk together the milk and the pudding mix.
- Whisk in the Nutella.
- Immediately whisk in half (8 oz) of the cool whip. Fold in the remaining (8 oz) cool whip with a spatula.
- Alternately layer the mousse, the cool whip (if desired), and the brownies in 4 small glasses or sundae dishes.