Nutella Almond Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 c. Almonds, whole, unsalted
- 1 cup semisweet (or dark chocolate) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out the cereal and almonds into a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the powdered sugar in a large ziptop bag and set aside.
- Over low (LOW!) heat in a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, the butter, and the nutella together until smooth (if it begins to seize, pull it off the heat immediately and go ahead to the next step even if not completely smooth– it will still turn out ok).
- Pour the chocolate over the cereal and gently stir to coat with a rubber spatula (if chocolate has seized a little, just continue, the powdered sugar will fix everything).
- Remove the coated cereal to the ziptop bag. Seal well and shake to coat with the sugar.
- Serve it how you like it– warm and melty, room temperature, or chilled (which is how I like it!).