This is a classic sweet snack with a delicious twist…
special dark chocolate, whole almonds, and the star of the show: Nutella.
There’s no messing around here.
Just the good stuff.
Just the way I like it.
Oh. And it’s addictive.
As in I was still shoveling in mouthfuls as I walked the bag full upstairs to give to neighbors.
I didn’t want to give it up. But, clearly, that needed to be done.
I could have even substituted almonds for the cereal entirely, they were so good.
I mean, obviously, I love the chex. But those almonds… well, they gave me a new idea of what chocolate covered almonds should taste like!
(Which is: covered in Nutella and powdered sugar. Just clarifying.)
Nutella Almond Muddy Buddies
adapted from: Chex
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 c. Almonds, whole, unsalted
- 1 cup semisweet (or dark chocolate) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out the cereal and almonds into a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the powdered sugar in a large ziptop bag and set aside.
- Over low (LOW!) heat in a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, the butter, and the nutella together until smooth (if it begins to seize, pull it off the heat immediately and go ahead to the next step even if not completely smooth– it will still turn out ok).
- Pour the chocolate over the cereal and gently stir to coat with a rubber spatula (if chocolate has seized a little, just continue, the powdered sugar will fix everything).
- Remove the coated cereal to the ziptop bag. Seal well and shake to coat with the sugar.
- Serve it how you like it– warm and melty, room temperature, or chilled (which is how I like it!).
Powered by Recipage
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!