Recipe from Paula Deen
- 8 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- Place the diced apples into a large zip top bag.
- Pour the sugar into the bag.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and flour to the bag.
- Zip the bag and shake until apples are coated.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Pinch off bits of the butter (or cut it up if it’s chilled well) and sprinkle over the top of the pie.
- Top with the second crust and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
My husband and I love to eat apple pie with a melty slice of sharp cheddar cheese on top:
Do any of you eat your apple pie like that? I’ve only been doing it for a couple of years, and I think it’s amazing! I like it best on leftover apple pie. It’s best then.
More Pie Recipes:
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!