Nesquik Buttercream Cupcakes
I don’t know about you, but I am addicted to Nesquik.
Always have been. We were practically raised on it.
One of my favorite nostalgic meals is a good PB&J with a tall glass of Nesquik.
So I’ve been wondering how this Nesquik buttercream would taste on Peanut Butter cupcakes–
someone try that and let me know :)
But, for now, I went with a classic chocolate cupcake.
Chocolate milk on chocolate cake. All is right in the world.
by Ashton Swank
- 1 c. shortening (don’t use butter flavored)
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp. milk (I used whole)
- 1/2 c. Nesquik
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Whisk the shortening in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add in 1 cup powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Nesquik and the milk until Nesquik is dissolved. Pour into the stand mixer bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar gradually, whisking in between additions, until you’ve reached desired frosting consistency.
- Whisk in vanilla.
Powered by Recipage
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they’ll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren’t already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it’s free)!
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Pinterest’s Best Pumpkin Recipes in 2016 - August 26, 2016
- Yellow Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting - August 24, 2016
- Epicurious Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies - August 22, 2016