Recipe adapted from: Shaina Olmanson’s “Desserts in Jars”
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers (about 9 sheets)
- 1/8 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 7 oz. White Chocolate
- 1/2 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 – 8oz. packages Philadelphia Indulgences White Chocolate Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c. Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Extract
- Pinch of Salt
For the Topping:
- 4 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1/2 c. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Grease 4 standard sized jars.
- Crush the graham crackers in a ziptop bag. Add the butter and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds. “Smush” everything together in the bag until fully incorporated.
- Divide the crust evenly among the jars and press into the bottom.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until just boiling. Remove from heat and add the white chocolate. Mix until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer using a the whisk attachment: whisk together the cream cheeses until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Add the white chocolate and cream mixture. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter among the 4 mason jars, leaving about 1/2″ of space at the top.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with a kitchen towel. Place the jars inside the pan with at least 2″ of space in between each.
- Pour hot water into the pan about halfway up the jars.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Turn oven off and let cheesecakes continue to cook in the oven. Remove from oven when mostly cooled (I waited about an hour).
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, egg, and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stopping to whisk after each minute. Curd should be smooth and thick when done.
- Pour curd into a ziptop bag and chill in an ice bath.
- When cheesecakes are chilled to liking, top each with 1 tbsp. sour cream, and divide the curd evenly among the jars (you may not use all of it).