Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
You know why? It’s delicious and decadent, obviously. But more than that– you can do so much with it. Put it on a cake, put it on your ice cream, or put it on your cupcake that looks like ice cream!
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together all ingredients. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 19 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com
1/2 c. Shortening
4 c. Powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Whisk together butter and shortening in a stand mixer.
- Alternately add the 4 cups of powdered sugar with the liquids (1 cup sugar, 1 tbsp milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, etc…), whisking thoroughly in between and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Perfect Chocolate Ganache:
Approximately 2 cups chocolate chips
Approximately 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
The key to this ganache is to not measure anything. Just trust me on this, you can’t depend on the measurements! Pour desired amount of chocolate chips (recommended approx. 2 cups) into a microwave safe bowl. Pour the whipping cream into the bowl until it’s just level with the chocolate chips (it shouldn’t cover the chocolate chips completely). Microwave for 1 minute and whisk until smooth.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Party Popcon Saturday: Cran-Apple Cinnamon Popcorn - December 20, 2014
- Rocky Road Fudge - December 18, 2014
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014