Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filled Snickerdoodles
Hi guys! My name is Ashley, and I blog over at Kitchen Meets Girl. I’m a full-time working outside the home mama to the sweetest little boy in the whole world, and I enjoy spending my free-time watching football with my hubby and making more baked goodies than is good for my waist-line. I’d love if you would swing by some time and say hi!
A huge thanks to Ashton for inviting me over today. Holy cow, she makes some great stuff, doesn’t she?!?
Anyway, before I started blogging, I’d just gotten back into my pre-pregnancy jeans and was feeling pretty good about myself.
Let’s not discuss the fact that I’d had my son four years earlier, mmkay?
And over the course of the last six months, my jeans have slowly but surely started to get tight again. I can’t help it. I love to cook and bake, and most of all–eat. And blogging sort of gives me an opportunity to do all of those things. And I decided heading into the new year that I want to focus a little more on healthy eating, with some fattening recipes thrown in here and there for good measure.
But since this is Ashton’s blog, I have to post a dessert recipe–it’s a rough life, right?!? So the healthy eating thing will have to wait for at least another week. ‘Cause these cookies are all for the love of the blog.
Oh, and for my husband, because snickerdoodles are his all-time favorite cookie. Which is saying quite a bit, since he’s not much of a dessert eater. He ate two of these right after I finished making them–which was actually four cookies, shoved together to make two giant sandwiches.
If that isn’t a big thumbs-up, I don’t know what is.
Really, guys, this is worth postponing your New Year’s diet resolutions for at least a few more days. =)
|Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filled Snickerdoodles||
#ratingval# from #reviews# reviews
- For the Cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- For the Frosting:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 1-pound box powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sift together your dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, until thoroughly combined; add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture slowly, mixing until well combined.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls, and coat in mixture of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter vanilla and salt at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and cinnamon, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Once your cookies are cool, spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of cream cheese frosting between two like-sized cookies. Smoosh together, and eat!
Thanks again to Ashton for having me over today–it’s been an honor and a pleasure! I hope to see you around very soon.