I’ve been dying to make a chocolate pie dip ever since my sleepless-night-pie-dip-list-making fiasco.
The Lemon Meringue Pie Dip rocked my socks.
So I felt pretty good about trying a French Silk Pie Dip.
It’s phenomenal. Of course.
But really, how could a bowl full of chocolate pie be anything less?
Add Dorothy’s Pie Crust Dippers for a truly amazing chocolate pie experience.
French Silk Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers
Recipe adapted from: Judy Elizabeth’s Flock
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pie crust, prepared (homemade or store bought)
- Over medium-low heat, stir together the sugar, butter, cocoa, vanilla, and oil. Stir until melted and heated through.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while constantly whisking the mixture (so that you don’t end up with chocolate and scrambled eggs!). Make sure one egg is completely whisked in before adding another.
- Whisk by hand for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Either pour into a serving bowl and let chill in the refrigerator overnight before serving OR pour into a ziptop bag and let sit in an ice bath to chill for 10 minutes. It’s much firmer (in a good way) if you let it chill overnight.
- Cut out pie crust dippers (just as you would sugar cookies). Bake at 450º for about 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
Powered by Recipage
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!