I usually add chocolate chips to this to make a chocolate chip cookie dough dip, but really you can make this recipe lots of different ways using a few simple variation techniques.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- In a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butted until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix in additional powdered sugar, as needed, to achieve your desired consistency (more powdered sugar will yield a thicker, more dough-like “dip”).
- Stir in any mix-ins like chocolate chips.
Suggested variations and mix-ins:
- My favorite way to make this dip is to mix in chocolate chips and Heath chocolate bits.
- Add 3-5 tbsp of flour to make this dip taste more like a cookie dough (or brownie batter).
- Substitute peanut butter or nutella for the butter.
- Add oats after the powdered sugar for an oatmeal cookie dough dip. You may want to add milk, 1 tbsp at a time, to thin.
- Add cake mix (1/4 cup at a time, gradually according to taste) to create a “cake batter” dip.