Favorite Cookie Dough
This is the cookie dough that I use as a base for just about every single cookie recipe I make.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and the shortening. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, beat until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing in between each addition.
- Add the sea salt and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda until dough forms, but don't over mix.
- Add any mix ins (like chocolate chips, M&Ms, nuts, etc...)
- Scoop onto a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet by rounded tablespoons. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes, until edges are golden and the middle is set.
- For the best chocolate chip cookies, add a package of Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips.
- To make peanut butter cookies, substitute peanut butter for the butter.
- Add a 3.4 oz package of instant pudding mix to make pudding cookies.