Favorite Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is the absolute best. This is the recipe I use whether I’m making a wedding cake or making a cake for a potluck. It starts with a cake mix, but I like it better than any from-scratch cake I’ve ever eaten!
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream*
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk (the good kind)*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients until a smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with spatula.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes (for cupcakes), 35-40 minutes for 2 - 8" rounds, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
*I’ve used yogurt in place of the sour cream, and it’s also good
**You can use regular milk in place of the chocolate milk, but I like the extra layer of chocolate :)