Dark Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction
She make some of the most decadent and incredible looking treats that I’ve ever seen and takes pictures that will just blow you away! Be sure to stop by and say HELLO!
Hi Something Swanky readers! Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction
here. Not only am I addicted to baking, but I love visiting Ashton at Something Swanky to load up on all of her incredible dessert recipes. When I first clicked to her Monster Magic Cookie Bars
on Pinterest, I knew I found a new favorite blog AND friend.
I’ve also learned a TON from Ashton’s DIY Design
blog posts – you should check them out if you’re looking to spice up your blog and don’t have a ton of money to spend on a web designer. Love it!
Ashton and I have a lot in common. The most obvious thing would be our love for COOKIES! When she asked me to guest post on her blog today, I knew I had to share one of my favorite cookie recipes with each of you.
These cookies are decadent. Rich, fudgy, and super soft. Full of Mint Oreo chunks, these little cookies pack a HUGE mint and chocolate punch.
The mint Oreos melt within the cookie dough as they bake, creating an almost fudge-like consistency. In fact, they practically taste like little brownies. Deep, dark chocolate brownies – so fudgy, that you NEED a glass of milk to wash it all down.
What I found interesting is that the cookie dough doesn’t even contain eggs – a key ingredient in brownies! Nope, these babies just have a ton of butter, a splash of milk, and chocolate. A whole lotta chocolate.
Nothing wrong about that. :)
Next to peanut butter, MINT is definitely my favorite flavor to combine with chocolate. I could eat mint chocolate chip ice cream by the gallon. Embarrassing, but true.
If you’re a fan of mint & chocolate, soft + fudgy, rich + decadent cookies, then you are going to LOVE these.
Dark Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk, but regular or soy would be fine)
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped Chocolate Cool Mint Creme Oreos
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- With a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until light & creamy. Add both sugars & vanilla and beat until smooth. In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir in milk.
- Add the second 1/2 of the flour mixture. Mix well. Gently fold in chopped Oreos. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop the chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet between batches.
*Keep the cookie dough chilled in between batches. Dough MUST be cold.
*These cookies will be very soft and may appear undone when taking out of the oven. They will firm up after cooling on the baking sheet.
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they’ll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren’t already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it’s free)!
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.