Cookies & Cream Surprise Cake Mix Cookies
***Originally written as a guest post. I’ve left the text unedited***
Hi there! Ashton, from Something Swanky here :) I spend my days chasing around a 2 year old, watching a lot of Blues Clues, and baking and blogging up a storm!
I’m super excited Lindy asked me to be a guest here on Itsy Bitsy Paper! This has to be the cutest blog ever, right?!
Lindy asked me to share a cookie recipe, which is only completely perfect, because– I big time puffy heart cookies!!! Don’t believe me? Check out my recipe index. The cookies pretty much dominate.
Truth be told, I’m more than happy to sit around with a warm, chewy, plain ol’ chocolate chip cookie. But, when you’re a dessert blogger, the audience demands a little bit more than chocolate chip cookies.
It’s been difficult, I tell ya. Having to bake dozens upon dozens of rich, chewy, decadent cookies. It’s a hard life. Especially that freshly-baked-cookie aroma wafting through the house… I mean, geez, who wants that around all the time???
Of course I’m kidding! I have the coolest job in the world :) For reals.
Anyway. I’m pretty in love with all things cookies & cream (recent evidence). And all things cake mix.
I hope you LOVE these cookies as much as I did!
Cookies and Cream Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 dozen Cookies and Cream Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted for drizzling
- 1-2 cups crushed Oreo Cookies for topping
- Beat together the cake mix, oil, and eggs in a stand mixer until a smooth dough forms.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp. at a time, pressing flat in palms. Place a Hershey Kiss in the center, and wrap the dough around the kiss.
- Place cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes, until edges are set.
- Let cool on baking sheet (the cookies will be especially soft since the center is filled with ooey-gooey chocolate!).
- Drizzle with white chocolate and top with oreo crumbles!
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Yellow Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting - August 24, 2016
- Epicurious Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies - August 22, 2016
- Nutella Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake - August 19, 2016