Chunky Monkey Bread for Kneaders French Toast
For the Dough:
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 c. AP flour (do not use whole wheat!)
- 1/4 c. dough enhancer
- 3 tbsp. butter, soft
- 1 tbsp. oil
- pinch of salt
For the Brown Sugar Filling:
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Proof the yeast by sprinkling it over the water. Sprinkle the sugar over the yeast. It should all start to sink into the water and eventually become foamy.
- Meanwhile, add remaining dough ingredients into a bread machine or a stand mixer.
- Add the yeast mixture into the bread machine or bowl.
- If using a bread machine, run through dough cycle.
- If using a stand mixer– use a paddle attachment to mix together until a dough ball forms. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Punch down with bread hook. Repeat two more times.
- Meanwhile, grease and line two bread loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon.
- Remove from bread machine or bowl. Divide dough into halves. Continue to divide into halves until you have 64 small dough balls.
- Line the bottom of the two pans with dough balls.
- Spread each of them with the brown sugar mixture. Continue alternating layers of dough with layers of brown sugar until no more remains (I got 3 layers of dough, 2 of brown sugar).
- Cover and let rise for 30 more minutes.
- Bake at 375º for 27-28 minutes.
- Remove and let cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let continue to cool on rack… or start eating :)
- If you’re making french toast, click here for the rest of the recipe and instructions!
*Not totally necessary, but strongly recommended if you have access to some! Simply omit from the recipe if you don’t.