Chocolate Florentine Cookies
Recipe from Cooks.com
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2 c. quick oats, uncooked
- 1 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. corn syrup
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt; mix well.
- Drop by level measuring teaspoonfuls, about 3 inches apart onto foil lined cookie sheets.
- Spread thin with rubber spatula. Bake 5-7 minutes.
- Cool, peel foil away from cookies.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, Nestle Toll House milk chocolate morsels; stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate on flat side of half the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
Makes 3 1/3 dozen sandwich cookies.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Rocky Road Fudge - December 18, 2014
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014
- How to Frost Cookies like a Pro using Canned Frosting… with your kids! - December 15, 2014