Chocolate Florentine Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen
2/3 c. butter
2 c. quick oats, uncooked
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt; mix well.
Drop by level measuring teaspoonfuls, about 3 inches apart onto foil lined cookie sheets.
Spread thin with rubber spatula. Bake 5-7 minutes.
Cool, peel foil away from cookies.
For the filling:
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, Nestle Toll House milk chocolate morsels; stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate on flat side of half the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - February 11, 2016
- Cupid Chow Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix - February 10, 2016
- Cake Man Raven’s Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - February 9, 2016