Caramel Carrot Cake and White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- Baked and cooled carrot cake, box mix is fine
- Caramel Sundae Sauce
- 2 c. pecan pieces
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 lb. Philadelphia White Chocolate Indulgences cream cheese, softened*
- 1/3 c. sugar*
- 1/2 tsp. salt*
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice*
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract*
- Using a hand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in the cool whip, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set mixture aside.
- Cut the carrot cake into 1″ squares. Place 1/3 of the squares in the bottom of a trifle dish. Drizzle caramel over the cake (I like a lot, so I probably used 1/3 c. here, but you could use less).
- Spread 1/3 of the cheesecake over the cake and sprinkle with 1/3 of the pecans.
- Repeat layering, ending with the cheesecake and pecans on top. Drizzle with some more caramel! Chill for at least an hour and serve!
*For a lightened up version, substitute this mixture for the no bake cheesecake ingredients:
- 1 small box sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 1/4 c. milk
Whisk the milk and pudding mix together until thickened and immediately whisk in the cool whip. This replaces the no bake cheesecake !