Caramel Carrot Cake & Cheesecake Trifle
I loathe carrot cake. Like, a lot.
Which really isn’t a huge deal in my life.
I just don’t make carrot cake.
Except in June. Wretched month that it is.
June brings Father’s Day and my husband’s birthday.
And his favorite dessert is carrot cake. Of course.
But now that he’s a father and has two holidays in one month, I feel pretty obligated to make what he wants for at least one of the two days.
And guess what– I think I’ve solved the problem. I made a carrot cake that I like.
I made a carrot cake that I can’t stop eating.
Let’s just say I ate more of his birthday cake than he did, mmm k?
Things that make this carrot cake a must-make-today recipe:
Layers of no bake cheesecake made with Philadelphia’s White Chocolate Indulgence cream cheese.
Caramel, caramel, caramel!!
Did I mention the White Chocolate Cream Cheese??
Caramel Carrot Cake and White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- Baked and cooled carrot cake, box mix is fine
- Caramel Sundae Sauce
- 2 c. pecan pieces
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 lb. Philadelphia White Chocolate Indulgences cream cheese, softened*
- 1/3 c. sugar*
- 1/2 tsp. salt*
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice*
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract*
- Using a hand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in the cool whip, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set mixture aside.
- Cut the carrot cake into 1″ squares. Place 1/3 of the squares in the bottom of a trifle dish. Drizzle caramel over the cake (I like a lot, so I probably used 1/3 c. here, but you could use less).
- Spread 1/3 of the cheesecake over the cake and sprinkle with 1/3 of the pecans.
- Repeat layering, ending with the cheesecake and pecans on top. Drizzle with some more caramel! Chill for at least an hour and serve!
*For a lightened up version, substitute this mixture for the no bake cheesecake ingredients:
- 1 small box sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 1/4 c. milk
Whisk the milk and pudding mix together until thickened and immediately whisk in the cool whip. This replaces the no bake cheesecake !
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they’ll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren’t already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it’s free)!
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.