I think Nutella gets along especially well with Fall.
Not that Nutella has any difficulty getting along with any of the other seasons.
It’s a very likeable nutty spread, after all.
But there’s something special about eating Nutella this time of year.
It’s like holding hands.
Or getting a kiss on the top of your head.
It’s comfortable. And cozy.
There’s something very right about Nutella and Fall flavors.
I might say the same thing about Winter Flavors in a few months.
Don’t judge me.
This recipe is great because the cake is super easy, and the frosting is impossible to stop eating.
You’ll love, love, love it. Don’t forget to share!
Pumpkin Nutella Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 30 oz. canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 c. Nutella
- 1/4 c. shortening
- approx. 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Whisk together the cake mix and pumpkin pie filling.
- Fill lined cupcake tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350º for 19 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the Nutella and shortening in a stand mixer.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until it reaches you desired consistency and flavor. The amount varies according to taste and your preference in the thickness of the frosting. I think I ended up around 1 1/2 cups. Just remember, the more powdered sugar you use– the less Nutella you taste.
- Add vanilla to frosting.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!