Build-a-Snowman Cookies in a Jar
- 1 recipe Sugar Cookies, cut out in circles (Use this recipe, omitting the sprinkles)
- 1 recipe Royal Icing (recipe follows)
- Food coloring in Super Black, orange, and any color for the bow tie/scarf
- Sprinkles for buttons (and for other features if you have sprinkles that work!)
- Food Writer (optional for the mouth– see last year’s version)
- Frost sugar cookies by piping a circle outline of thick frosting on each cookie. Spoon in and spread the thinned frosting on each cookie within the outline.
- Let dry for about 10 minutes. Add snow man features with either frosting or sprinkles (1/3 heads, 1/3 bodies, 1/3 bottoms — no features!)
- Cookies need to dry overnight before you can put them in the jars.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Meringue Powder
- 1/4 c. water
- 2-3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a stand mixer, whisk the meringue powder and water on medium speed until foamy.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla.
- Use the thick royal icing to pipe on outlines and other details. Add more water (1 tbsp at a time) to the icing to create a thin icing for filling in the outlines.
Want More Cookies?
Other Snowy Day Recipes:
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - February 11, 2016
- Cupid Chow Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix - February 10, 2016
- Cake Man Raven’s Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - February 9, 2016