Black and Pink Cookies
I need you to either be Seinfeld fans or NYC lovers to really appreciate this post.
Me? I’m just sold on the novelty of it.
Tell me a dessert has reached some level of super stardom, and it’s automatically a fave.
My husband is the same way, but he’d never admit it.
He begs me to make these all the time, because “they’re so good.”
And they are– don’t get me wrong. Way good.
But I know the only reason he wants them is because he saw them on Seinfeld.
And that’s the truth.
At least I can admit it :)
I like them for their fame.
Color me superficial.
So here’s my valentine twist on an NYC (or Seinfeld) classic.
Hope you enjoy– and “look to the cookie!”
(And find more DIY famous dessert recipes at the bottom of the post!)
Black and Pinks
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pink food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
3. Combine buttermilk and vanilla in a up, set aside.
4. Whisk together butter and sugar in a in a stand mixer Add the add egg, beating until combined.
5. Alternately add the flour and buttermilk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour.
6. Pipe batter onto cookie sheet in heart shapes (or just scoop out about 1/4 c. batter for round cookie). Bake until tops are puffed and lightly browned, approx. 15 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
7. Whisk together powdered sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Add food coloring if desired.
8. Turn cooled cookies flat side up and frost one half of the cookie with the pink icing.
9. Add cocoa powder to the remaining frosting and whisk. Add in another tablespoon of water if frosting appears to be too thick to spread smoothly.
10. Once cocoa is smooth, frost the remaining halves of the cookies with the chocolate.
See my original Black and Whites post:
More DIY “Famous” Desserts:
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page
Leave a Comment