Biscoff Twix Popcorn
Not too long ago, I posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Snickers Popcorn. A friend of mine mentioned her peanut allergy and said, “darn. Can’t eat it!”
For a moment, I was baffled.
Not because of the peanut allergy. But because I genuinely failed to see the problem– about 900 substitutions for the peanut butter and snickers had already run through my mind!
Obviously the phrase “I can’t eat that” is not in my vocabulary.
So here we are. The first of 900 alternate recipes to that Peanut Butter Snickers Popcorn… 899 to go!
The Biscoff (or Speculoos Cookie Butter, whichever) and the Twix harmonize in a beautifully delicious way. This definitely ranks as one of my favorite popcorn recipes to date!!! And I’ve been around the block a few times with the popcorn bowl, so when I dub a popcorn recipe as a “favorite” you can rest assured that it’s awesome.
Have I mentioned that I wrote a book called Party Popcorn!?? Look for it in December 2014!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups white melting candy discs (like Wiltons)
- 3 Tbsp. Biscoff or Cookie Butter
- 1 cup chopped Twix bars
- optional: 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl, be sure to remove all the unpopped kernels as you do.
- Melt the white melting candy according to the directions on the package.
- Whisk the Biscoff into the melted white candy until smooth. Pour the candy coating over the popcorn.
- Add the chopped Twix before stirring. Gently stir with a large rubber spatula to coat the popcorn and candy bars completely.
- Spread popcorn on a large piece of parchment, foil, or a silicone liner to let candy coating cool and harden (approximately 20 minutes). Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- optional: melt semi-sweet chocolate chips or melting candy (for speedier hardening) and drizzle over the popcorn.
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Check out these other great recipes: