3 Musketeer Rice Krispie Treats
This post was originally written for I Heart Nap Time’s Crazy Christmas Event! Be sure to check it out– there have been some AWESOME posts!
Making desserts is especially fun during the holidays, because the stores are chock-full of hot chocolate and peppermint variations of our favorite stand-by candies. Like Hot Chocolate flavored 3 Musketeers…
The recipe was inspired by Cookies and Cups’ 3 Musketeer Cupcakes. She melted down 3 Musketeer Candy Bars to make a frosting! When I saw that, my mind immediately went to Krispie Treats, and I just had to try.
I think this version, using the holiday Hot Chocolate 3 Musketeers, would also be fab topped with a little marshmallow cream (you know, like marshmallows and hot chocolate?). If you try it, be sure to let me know!
You’ll be the hit of all your holiday parties with these bars in tote. Happy holidays!
Hot Chocolate 3 Musketeer Krispie Treats
- 1 bag Mini Hot chocolate 3 Musketeer Candy Bars
- 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5 c. chocolate Krispies cereal
- Unwrap the candy bars and place in a large, microwave safe bowl. Place the marshmallows and butter in the bowl, and microwave for 1 minutes.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the cereal, 2-3 cups at a time. Towards the last 2 cups, I found it was easier to just mix with greased hands.
- Press into a parchment lined, and lightly greased, 8×8 baking dish. Let set for 30 minutes to an hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Optional: drizzle with chocolate.
Krispies from Friends:
- Scotch Krispie Bark | Crazy For Crust
- Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats | Table For Two
- Gooey Snickers Rice Krispies with Salted Caramel | Sally’s Baking Addiction
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - February 11, 2016
- Cupid Chow Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix - February 10, 2016
- Cake Man Raven’s Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - February 9, 2016